Sunday, October 25, 2015

Removable panel and glare shield

After lots of nutplates, the panel and glare shield (and tank) will now be removable, which may become very handy later on.

Noticed the edge of the glare shield ends in a sharp curved edge. Not something I would like to bang my forehead into in case of an off field landing. Have to think of some padding or something.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Wheels and glare shield fixings

Mounted the wheels. It required 6 mm extra of shimming by using one 3 mm washer on each side in addition to the dust covers. Without the washer on the inside, the brake pads would lock the wheel, even when pushed all the way in, and without both of them the lock pin wont engage the nut. Strange. I used Biltema wheel bearing grease and Biltema Brake cylinder paste.

Started with the mods from Airward for glareshield, tank, windshield and panel removal. There will be some refitting of angles and stuff to get all those screws in correct places. Not too much, but getting the kit earlier would be easier.


Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Wheel pants

With all the holes in correct place, the pants were painted. They probably need another coat.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Wheel pants

Finished the wheel pants. Lots of adjustments needed. The screw on the outer side is a bit tricky. That single screw is what angles the pants so they stay parallel with the wheels in two planes (roll and yaw). I got the "roll" correct, but the yaw still need some adjustment. I have to make another hole and fill up the first one.

They will be painted gray.

Monday, October 05, 2015

Wheel pants

Did the cut out on the wheel pants. Much more than is indicated on the drawing needs to be cut out to make them fit. Then I put some gelcoat putty on the seams.

The Aveo Vega also arrived. It's a landing/taxi light, LED and tiny. It will be mounted beneath the wing.