Saturday, March 01, 2014

New controller

In Norway we need to have controllers appointed by Luftfartstilsynet. Their job is to sign the build log and to give advice and help. The build log is a document that is to follow the aircraft through it's lifetime, it's the documentation that all parts are OK. It's a way of quality assurance of the build process and the finished parts. I think this build log is a very good thing, particularly when selling/buying used experimental aircraft. I would never dream of buying a used experimental from the US, where there is no requirement to document the build process.

My old controller moved to another part of the country. I couldn't close up the structure, horizontal and vertical tail surfaces, before the controller had inspected and signed off. I have used some time to find a new one, but when I finally got a new one, he happened to live only a couple of hundred meters from my home. So finally I can close up stuff and be finished with pieces.   

No comments: