Monday, July 28, 2014

Received stuff from Great Plains

Ordered a "toolkit" and an engine stand to mount the Aerovee and an oil cooler. Also ordered some books about the VW. A manual is included with the Aerovee, but some extra literature won't hurt.


It will take at least 10 weeks before I receive the engine and propeller.

Looked a bit closer at the engine/propeller calculations, and that equation is a bit simplistic. It is perfectly valid, but only with the same propeller blades, that is the blades only changes pitch and length, they do not change the length of the cord. With an increased diameter it is natural that the cord also increases. Different propellers can be completely different regarding cord and diameter. To chose a propeller just gets more complicated, and I am happy I chose the AeroVee.

I am also going for a completely "stock" engine with the AeroCarb. Then I know everything will work as it should, and I will found out for myself if modifications are needed or not. To make modifications with no basis in the actual status is not the correct engineering way to do things, and I am an engineer so :-)

No comments: