Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Drilled mid wing spar


Still have to drill up all the steel at the tips. I'm not sure if it's best to take them now, or after the spar is riveted. Have to sleep on it.

The 3 in 1 paint is really good, and readily available locally and exist in many colors. Just have to make sure it cures for 3-4 days and it is like stone and stick like glue. It is matt/satin and very easy to spray. Gray and orange with this satin finish will look cool. Regarding paint, I think I have 4 options now. 3 in 1 which I can do myself. Jotun Topgloss BR which I also can do myself, but I'm still not convinced the end result will be OK due to milkyness when polished. Polish it (combined with 3 in 1). The last option is to fly it to Lithuania/Poland when finished and paint it there by professional aircraft painters, much cheaper than to do it in Norway. 

No comments: