Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Wing measurements

Placed the laser under the aft fuselage. Then it will reach all corners. Then I measured the height from the point of measure down to the level laser light. For the tip leading edge I used a rod the fitted into the little hole in the ribs. Found out it was completely impossible to eyeball the leading edge. For the mid point leading edge there is a small hole in the skin. At the trailing edge I just measured from the bottom.

The idea is that when difference H1 - H2 is the same for all cross sections, then the wing is straight. I needed to rise the right mid trailing edge about 7 mm, then everything will be straight. Now I can drill the mid skin in place, with the outer sections on (at least some of the holes), and the wing will be straight.

   

No comments: