Friday, November 15, 2013

Dimpled the H-stab

Dimpled the H-stab. Match drilled the rudder. Now I have to wait for Lasse (the controller) before I rivet the skin onto the skeleton.

I also tried the Duplicolor spray on the tip. It looked nice. The color is dark green. The process will be to use Duplicolor plastic primer on the fiberglass parts and Duplicolor aluminium primer on any aluminium parts I want to paint. Then on top I will use Duplicolor 2K clear paint. This should look nice and be very durable.

I saw on the EAA webinar that some actually use Latex paint. I think Latex paint in the USA is the same as we call acrylic waterbased paint?, normal house paint. It looked very interesting, but I think I will stick to Duplocolor car paint, or else I would have to experiment a whole bunch to find good Latex paint here in Norway.



No comments: